Okay, I love these cookies!!! Yes they’re low carb, made with sweetener, but these can fool anyone if you don’t tell them what’s in there! They are crispy and buttery, with a hint of dark chocolate… When you can have those healthy and delicious cookies I see no pain in going healthy! Trust me on this one and run to the kitchen to make a batch, and all I hope is that you can resist not eating them all at once!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/8 Powder Sweetener of your taste (I used sucralose in powder)*
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/8 cup of small dark chocolate nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Using and electric mixer blend softened butter for a minute. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet. The oil from the butter and almond flour grease the sheet as the cookie bakes.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Press down lightly with fork, then continue to bake another 18 minutes. The cookies do not brown if you skip the egg.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
*You should adapt the amount of sweetener you’ll use in this recipe according to your own taste. You can add more or less sweetener.