It’s not every day that we feel inspired or have plenty of time in hands to cook. So of these days people here in Belgium usually go for a sandwich. Which can be a great idea since you can whip it up fast, not a lot of ingredients required, and almost no dirty dishes at the end (which I really appreciate). So let me go straight to the point and share the recipe of this beauty.
This recipe shows the amount to make ONE sandwich .
- 35g smoked salmon (2 or 3 big slices, you can use more if desired)
- 2 tbsp. goat cheese or cream cheese
- Cucumber slices (about 4-5 for each sandwich)
- Purple onion slices
- 2 slices any whole-grain sandwich bread
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped chives or dill
- Lemon juice
- Slice the cucumbers and onions very thin. Chop the chives or dill.Reserve.
- Toast the slices of bread, but you don’t want them very hard.
- Spread one tbsp. of the goat cheese on one slice of bread, and top with the onion slices, layer over them the salmon and on top the cucumber slices.
- Season the cucumbers with pepper, and squeeze on some lemon juice. Sprinkle the chopped chives or dill over the cucumbers.
- Spread the remaining goat cheese over the other piece of bread. Place on top of the cucumbers, press down and cut the sandwich in half.