I was wondering what to cook for myself (my husband is travelling) and decided to go for a fish, after all nothing better than a light, healthy dinner recipe when the weather (finally) starts getting warmer .
This baked Salmon is everything in one: simple, full of herby flavours , topped up with a refreshing lemon dill yoghurt sauce.
I like to bake the Salmon because then I barely have any dishes to wash, but you can also make it pan seared, it will be as delicious!
This recipe is incredibly fast and you can adaptive portions to two or more people easily.
I think this Salmon goes great it with a salad or sautéed vegetables and it’s a perfect low carb meal if you’re watching the carbs intake.
Recipe for one person
- 200g salmon fillet
- Salt, freshly ground pepper and a fresh rosemary sprig ( rosemary is optional )
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped dill
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch of lemon pepper
- In a small bowl prepare the sauce combining the yoghurt, dill, lemon juice, garlic, pinch of lemon pepper and olive oil. Mix well and preferably refrigerate for at least 30min.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Line a large baking pan with aluminium foil and place the salmon fillet skin-side down
- Lay the rosemary on top and drizzle with olive oil. Gently rub the oil and rosemary all over the fish, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just cooked.
- Serve salmon warm or cold with yogurt sauce. Garnish with dill sprigs and lemon slices if you like.