I basically felt lazy to walk all the way to the supermarket after my gym sesh today, so I decided to make lunch with whatever I had at home, and came up with this AH-MAZING recipe of delicious tuna patties.
There must be similar recipes out there I’m sure, but I swear to God I’ve put this one together without Google’s help!
Only a few ingredients, packed with vegetable and animal protein, and low GI carbs full of fibers (quinoa and oat flour) topped up with a spicy tomato salsa, this recipe can be eaten alone, or with whatever you want! Be it on a burger, as a snack or you can use it as an appetizer if you make small patties.
I am super proud of these beauties because they are TRULY tasty! You can also double the recipe and freeze to eat them whenever you want, be it baked or pan fried.
- 1/4 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 100g can natural drained tuna
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 2 tbsp oats flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt, freshly ground pepper, ground coriander, ground cumin, dried onion
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl until very well combined. Taste to adjust salt. You can add any other spices you like.
- Using your hands roll and flatten into patties, around 6.
- Oven Baked : Place patties on a greased baking sheet and bake at 200ºC for 20 min flipping once.
- Non Sticking Frying Pan : Place a non sticking frying pan on medium high , drizzle a bit of olive oil on the pan and place the patties flipping them after 5min. Cook them for a total of 10 min or until golden.