I’ve realised that if you want to change your eating habits, you need to have good choices to go for when the cravings hit you and this Date Truffle is everything you asked for: sweet , chocolatey , full of good fats, and very tasty!!!
The recipe only requires a few ingredients and it is 100% vegan. Go ahead and give it a try. I’m sure you won’t regret!
- 30 whole pitted dates
- 2/3 roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Place almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Add dates; process until finely ground.
- Add the rest of ingredients and pulse until combined then check if the mixture is firm enough to form the balls .
- Scoop about 2 teaspoons cocoa mixture with a spoon, and roll into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the desired coatings and place them on a plate.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
Make sure you don’t over eat the truffles because although it’s a very healthy version, it has a considerable amount of calories!